In modern cities, water is filtered and treated so it is safe for consumption. However, there may still be traces of minerals found in drinking water, which not only affects the taste but can also make you sick.
Drinking bottled water is a good way to obtain water that tastes very good and does not have these contaminants, but bottled water can become quite expensive over time. This is the reason why more people are using water filters for the home of pure, crisp water from the tap.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a tap water filter?
- 2 PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter, Chrome
- 3 What are the advantages of a tap water filter?
- 4 PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter, PFM450S, Stainless Steel Style
- 5 Top 10 Best Tap Water Filters at Walmart
- 6 What are the different types of tap water filters?
- 7 What’s News about Tap Water Filters?
- 8 Considerations to choose the best tap water filter
- 9 Top 10 Best Tap Water Filters at eBay
What is a tap water filter?
A tap water filter is, as the name suggests, a filter that connects directly to your tap. Instead of using complicated filtration systems or having to put your water in a jug with a filter, you can get clean, delicious water from the tap. A faucet tap water connects directly to the outside of your faucet, and it works every time the faucet is turned on.
PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter, Chrome
as of August 31, 2019 8:33 am
- NOTE : This faucet mount doesn’t fit all faucets. Please do refer to the instruction manual
- PUR ADVANCED FAUCET WATER FILTER:PUR Advanced Faucet Filter in Chrome attaches to your sink faucet, for easy, quick access to cleaner, great tasting filtered water. An LED indicator displays the filter status, so you know when it needs a replacement
- FAUCET WATER FILTER:PUR’s faucet filters are certified to reduce over 70 contaminants, including 99percentage of lead, so you know you’re drinking cleaner water. They provide 100 gallons of filtration, or 2 3 months of typical use, before you need a replacement
- WHY FILTER WATER? Home tap water may look clean, but may contain potentially harmful pollutants & contaminants picked up on its journey through old pipes. PUR water filters, faucet filtration systems & water filter pitchers reduce these contaminants
- SUPERIOR WATER FILTRATION: PUR faucet water filters reduce over 70 contaminants, including lead & chlorine, by using activated carbon & ion exchange. Using a PUR water filter for tap water is more affordable than bottled water, save up to $1,000 per year
- WATER SHOULD BE PUR: PUR has been providing families with water filter systems for over 30 years. Compare PUR products to water filters from Brita, Kenmore, Berkey, Frigidaire, ZeroWater, Sawyer, Culligan, Aquagear, Soma, Amana and Aquasana.360 degree swivel
Many people look for bottled water as an alternative to tap water. A variety of household water filters allow you to obtain freshly filtered water directly from the tap. They are easy to install and maintain and may be just what you need to improve the quality of your family’s water. These are popular choices in water filters because they install in seconds, do not affect the functionality of your faucet, and are easy to use – all you have to do is turn on the water.
What are the advantages of a tap water filter?
We all know that we should be drinking a lot of water every day, but sometimes, that’s just hard to do. Bottled water can be very expensive, especially when you drink it often, and tap water may not taste as fresh as you would like. Simply by adding a tap water filter, you can enjoy the clean taste of water and keep your body healthy and hydrated without the high expense of bottled water. These tap filters effectively remove sediment and contaminants, keeping your water healthy and ensuring that it tastes very good.
PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter, PFM450S, Stainless Steel Style
$44.99 out of stock
PUR's new and improved faucet mount provides healthy, clean, great-tasting water straight from your faucet. The new design looks great in your kitchen and the new CleanSensor Monitor visibly indicates filter status, guaranteeing safer and healthier filtered water straight from your faucet. With...
Your water may or may not suffer from any of these contaminants. If you are concerned about the quality of your water, let it be tested by an independent laboratory. The filtration system you need for your home depends on the quality of your water supply. Water filters require some maintenance. Cartridges should be changed according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Taste and smell that cause pollutants: If your water smells or tastes bad, there is no doubt that you would benefit from a water filter. Municipal water often smells like chlorine, which is used to treat water. Well water, which depends on many local conditions that affect the water supply, can also smell bad. Water filters often treat these conditions by using granular activated carbon (GAC), a substance that absorbs contaminants that would otherwise cause offensive flavors and odors.
- Rust and Sediment: You can notice visible particles in your water. For example, sediment may accumulate in the bottom of your dishwasher or toilet. Larger particles can collect behind the aerator screens of your faucet. The smallest particles can accumulate in the bottom of a glass of water that sits for a while. Oxide and sediment are easily collected by particle filters. Particle filters throughout the house are easy to install. They not only protect your drinking water but also household appliances, such as dishwashers and ice makers.
- Bacteria / Parasites: If your house depends on a well, your water is more likely to be contaminated with bacteria and parasites. Many bacteria and parasites occur naturally in clean sources of water. Others are the result of contamination of the water supply by wastewater and waste. Some bacteria and parasites affect the taste and smell of water, but others do not. Cysts, such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, are particularly strong parasites and are known to contaminate even chlorinated municipal water supplies. They can cause illness and are a serious danger for young people, the elderly or those with immune deficiencies. Water filters are available with several filter cartridges, which are effective against many of these contaminants.
- Lead: Houses built before 1986 may have pipes joined with lead solder. Your municipal water system can also be composed of components that contain or are welded with lead. If you are concerned about the possibility of lead in your water supply, have your water tested by an independent laboratory. The lead contained in the water is insipid and odorless but should be avoided as much as possible. You can remove your drinking and cooking water by installing a lead filter directly under the sink in your kitchen. This filter placement ensures that even if you have lead in the pipes of your home, it will be removed from your drinking water.
Top 10 Best Tap Water Filters at Walmart
What are the different types of tap water filters?
If you want to make your water taste even better and remove impurities from your water to make it safe for consumption, a tap water filter can be something that you should consider buying. When you shop for this type of filter, you will notice that there are several brands, sizes, and designs on the market. You can also notice two different types, traditional tap filters, and flavored tap filters.
- Traditional faucet filters – These filters connect directly to your faucet and are commonly used in kitchens. They are the most common type of tap filter. These filters remove impurities from your water and alter the flavor making it taste fresher and purer.
- Flavored water filters – If you prefer a little taste to your water, you can try a filter that not only improves the taste of your water but also adds a kick of flavor. Flavor cartridges are used in these filters to add a fruity taste to your water. It’s like drinking bottled water at a fraction of the price.
- Rinse Filters – There are different varieties of infrared filters and they should be chosen depending on the individual needs of your home. Some of these filters eliminate bad tastes and smells only. Others can also remove lead, bacteria, and sediment or any combination of the four. These units can have multiple cartridges, each designed to filter out a particular type of contaminant. Background filters are convenient because once installed, they do not even know they are there. Turn on the water and the filtered water comes directly from the tap. They are also efficient because they allow filtering only the water that goes to a specific tap, thus reducing the demands of the filter cartridges. You do not need to filter the bath water to eliminate a chlorine taste, for example, but you may want to remove it from drinking water. Bottom filters are also useful if your plumbing is joined with lead solder. By being on the line immediately before the tap, under sink filters provide maximum protection against filtration.
What’s News about Tap Water Filters?
Do's and don'ts during a water boil advisorySeptember 12, 2018 - San Angelo Standard Times
has been boiled or disinfected for making coffee and ice. Also, filters don't work for removing bacteria. How should I wash my hands during a boil water advisory? Vigorous hand-washing with soap and your tap water is safe for basic personal...
Removing Toxic Fluorinated Chemicals From Your Home's Tap WaterSeptember 5, 2018 - Environmental Working Group
Based on information from state health agencies, testing labs, scientific researchers and water filter companies, the most effective choice for in-home treatment of PFAS-tainted tap water is a reverse osmosis filter, followed by an activated carbon...
Swiss startup that filters plastics out of water is eyeing US and China marketsAugust 20, 2018 - MarketWatch
The filter can be used to purify up to 130 gallons of water, and a replacement costs just $25. The company is expecting to help reduce the use of plastic bottles, which are not just expensive but also wasteful. It takes about three liters of tap water...
Parchment residents can drink their tap water againAugust 27, 2018 - Michigan Radio
Residents living on private wells still haven't been given the go-ahead to drink their water. The state is providing water filters to those residents this week. Congressman Fred Upton, who was also involved in Parchment early into the State of...
Considerations to choose the best tap water filter
When you are ready to transform the taste of your water and you think that a tap water filter is the best thing for your kitchen, there are some things to look for in each product you are considering. Keep these key points in mind as you shop to see how each unit accumulates.
Most water filters are quite cheap, but some have a higher price than others. Establish a budget before you start shopping and remember what features you can live without and what is a requirement for your new filter. You may have to change your budget based on the characteristics that are most important to you.
The tap filters come with the replaceable cartridges that are used to filter your water properly. Be sure you know how long each cartridge will last so that you can correctly calculate the cost of purchasing replacements.
Be sure to evaluate the prices of the replacement cartridges. A low-cost filter may require cartridge changes more frequently than a high-end filter, and the total cost of ownership may be much more expensive. Consider the price of each replacement, as well as how long it will take to make sure you get the best deal.
Although it is certainly not a requirement, most people who buy a tap water filter want it to make their tap and other features.
Stop throwing money in bottled water and enjoy your own fresh water at home with an accessible tap water filter. To get the most out of your money, try the TAPP 1 Tap Water Filter from TAPP Water. Although the initial investment is more than other units, the electronic meter helps to avoid premature replacements, and the replacement cartridges are extremely affordable, making this an investment that is easily paid in a very short time.